Author Topic: Chickerell surgery closure  (Read 39 times)

Dorsetref22

Chickerell surgery closure
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
With reference to the above, I emailed, Sir Oliver Letwin MP, for his comments on the intended closure of Abbotsbury Road & Chickerell surgery’s. His reply was as follows, and it looks encouraging, as wheels seem to be well in motion. I would urge you all to email him to keep the pressure on and ensure a suitable alternative is put in place as soon as possible. His email address is as follows:- letwino@parliament.uk

Dear Mr Abbott,

This is just a brief email to say that I had a most encouraging discussion with the Chief Officer of the CCG and some of his colleagues today.

I think it is clear that, as well as moving towards a long term solution based on a new health centre, they are well advanced in talks aimed at ensuring continuity of service for patients six months from now.

I gather that NHS England will be communicating directly with all registered patients to convey this message and allay fears.

I shall check again on progress in a few weeks, but I am pretty confident that we are on the way to a sensible outcome.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Oliver Letwin

RT HON SIR OLIVER LETWIN MP
PLEASE NOTE MY SECRETARY HAS A NEW PHONE NUMBER : 01308 488055