Author Topic: Chickerell park  (Read 3484 times)

ryanchambers8@hotmail.com

Chickerell park
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Willobeds seating area has been destroyed people have been scratching the windows climbing on the roof and bashing the buttons for the shelter.Cigarettes have been placed down the sides of the seats!.Only recently have I found lighted matches on the floor.The zip wire has had to be removed twice the gage swing only 1 time and the toddlers bell chime beaters.I have been reporting to the police the council. I am disgusted about this.

Made by,
Ryan Chambers.

DLAF

Re: Chickerell park
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
You think that's bad, you should look at the old school playing field "park" or what was left of it. IS just a tarmac area with lots of weeds and grass frowing through. Is a shame really. Thats what we get for having a new park. Two sides to every story I guess!!

Darzet boy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
You think that's bad, you should look at the old school playing field "park" or what was left of it. IS just a tarmac area with lots of weeds and grass frowing through. Is a shame really. Thats what we get for having a new park. Two sides to every story I guess!!

If one buys the cheapest version of something, then one is going to have reliability issues. Best value does not mean to buy the cheapest, but to buy the one that will last the longest for a reasonable price.

I note with interest that the park is built on a slope. The lowest part was purposely dug lower than the field - so it floods when it rains because someone didn't have the sense to realise that it would flood and need drainage.

But I also note that the zip wire has also been installed on a slope instead of across the level ground, when it is designed to be installed on the level. The increased height has resulted in faster speeds down the zip wire, which has resulted in the bump stop failing.

But the best part due the increased incline is the latest game that the kids have created. They stand on the back legs of the starting ramp, and jump of to gain extra speed. The aim is to hit the bump stop and be cantilevered far enough up to touch with one's feet the galvanised tops of the uprights at the stop end of the zip wire.

I have to say generally in the kids defence, that it is the minority that cause the problems. And I have heard kids telling other kids to "Stop vandalising Chickerell or get out"

One wonder if the council know how to use that CCTV

Darzet boy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »

Take a walk through Alderbrand Close some time, through the area that links Plover, Maskew and Alderbrand. It's like a tropical jungle now. It's town council land, but volunteers were in there last year because it was so overgrown.

DLAF

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Yes I agree with the walk between plover and alderbrand that is very overgrown. I often walk through that area late at night and it is very dark. They should cut it all down like the once did and just keep it cut down, otherwise it gets to be a jungle again like it is now.