Author Topic: Possible move to Chickerell  (Read 1905 times)

GEMINIGIRL83

Possible move to Chickerell
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
Hi everyone. :lol:

I am looking to move to Weymouth sometime before the end of the year,though am undecided as to which part. I will moving with my Mother for personal reasons. My family and I have been coming to Weymouth and Portland over the course of the last 50+ years so know Weymouth itself well enough but not really the surrounding areas. We have been looking particularly at houses in Chickerell as we have heard from locals in Weymouth that it is a nice area to live. I was just wondering if anyone could give me their personal opinions of Chickerell,do you like living there,is there much to do,is there good transport(bus or train)into Dorchester as that is where my Mother will be transferring to. I can drive though. Without meaning to sound rude are there area's/estates to avoid,not being a snob but I come from a quiet Oxfordshire town where you could leave your doors unlocked and not worry about being burgled,I also have 3 cats. I've been viewing a house in the Lugger Close area which looks ideal but don't know much about the estate. Jobs are hard to find anywhere but what are the employment possibilities there.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me their honest opinions please,I know everyone will have their own take on what they like/dislike but I'd love to hear it. Thank you very much :)