Author Topic: CHICKERELL NEEDS A SKATEPARK  (Read 3544 times)

Tremayne

CHICKERELL NEEDS A SKATEPARK
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
Dear Residents/Councilors of Chickerell

I assume many of you now have realised that we are getting a new play park and
football/basketball court built at the moment.
And why this only caters for a small majority of kids? Its been shown in the past that
"We" don't respect playparks or anything in particular as they have just been trashed and
Graphitied in the past.

My question is, is why cater for only two thirds out of the kids in chickerell and why not all
of us it seems really unfair, like turning up to school bringing your pens and brain but they
lack in providing books for you to use.
Have you realised that you can use a field for playing football in ? WOW that's such a good
idea i hear you say, well obviously not as you build a place where only one game can go on at
the same time , what happens when you want to play basketball when there is some people
playing football in there that's if people use the courts.
Also do you remember that portable skatepark that was purchased by the police i think it was?
well that was such a success and you ignore it, BMX/Skateboarding is a new sport witch you
use way more muscles than kicking a ball around a field/court with and it becomes less of a
sport and more of a family.

Lets go on a trip to littlemore they got it right they built a skatepark and a playpark and that wasn't
so hard was it maybe if i lived in a worse place id have a happier life but also be scared to walk home
in the dark. Portland also had TWO!! skateparks and then recently got a new one built. and have you heard
of Dorchester they also have a skatepark. 'you noticing a trend here?' Radipole have one too and so dose
weymouth and lets go abit further a field Wool, Wheream, Crossways, Pool, Bournmouth, Bridport, Blanford.
 All of these places seem to strive with loving of all their Community that live there and cater for all not just a fraction.

I really think chickerell should take a leaf out of their books,

ON a lighter note i personlay have a halfpipe and grindboxs that i would happily donate to chickerell if you can find
14ft by 10ft spare anywhere to put them (would have to be tarmack or concrete) id rather be able to share and care
for this one third myself if you cant do so for us!

THANKS FOR READING

Tremayne Finney-Green (15)
(if you want to talk to me about this or want to help do something for kids email me on) maine-green@live.co.uk

Darzet boy

Re: CHICKERELL NEEDS A SKATEPARK
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:41 AM »
Hi Tremayne

Love your post    :-)

Couple of points.

The MUGA is an all-weather football and basketball court. You can?t play basketball without the hoops, and today?s kids don?t seem to like getting wet feet.

Also - Skateboards are not a new thing. We had them when I was at school in the seventies. I?m 49 this year  :roll:

Previous requests to Chickerell Town Council by the local youth received a response of ?Find somewhere suitable and we?ll look in to it. My recent personal request to the Council received the same response with a ?Willowbed Field is not a suitable location?.

So the question is ?Where to put it? ?

One obvious area is the fields on the side of the Link Road - between the link Road and Green lane. Chickerell Parish stretches as far as Value House and the Bridging Camp at Wyke, so that location is still in the northern half of the parish.

There are a couple of fields on Putton Lane opposite Bennet?s water garden and Chickerell Downs wood that could be looked at, subject to who owns them and who is interested in selling or donating a bit to the community.

Might I suggest that you ask the Town Clerk for contact details of the Youth Council/Forum and Chickerell at Play, and then post the details on here.

You should go to the next Town Council meeting and ask the council during the public discussion period - that's just after 7 pm on the meeting nights. Council meet on the third Tuesday of almost every month at 7 PM.

This is Verwood Skate Bowl, built by Gravity Engineering and paid for by East Dorset District Council. West Dorset don?t do playgrounds. It cost sixty thousand pounds to build, and was installed somewhere between 2000 and 2006

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:47:21 AM by Darzet boy »

Tremayne

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
When i said new as in people dont do it from a young age such as football
they pick it up later on.
and iv had intrest from several skatepark desiners/makers so that wouldnt be hard
but yes space is a problem but it was also a problem for thease play parks so it shouldnt
be too hard there are many feilds that seem to be just sitting there gathering weeds and
are just pointless.

Tremayne

Tremayne

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
now i have broken my ankle i have more time to work on this, if anyone wants to help just please
give me a shoutout i cant do anything on my own i need more people to act

Darzet boy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
Just wondered if Tremayne managed to find contact details of the Chickerell at Play group, or approached the Town Council about the skate park?

DLAF

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
Some good info Darzet boy. I'm sure with the new houses being built around the village a skate park should come to fruition.