Author Topic: C.G.Fry and the requested Putton Lane pavement  (Read 4522 times)

Darzet boy

C.G.Fry and the requested Putton Lane pavement
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
C.G.Fry's contractors have started to clear the site alongside Putton Lane in preparation to build the new houses, shop, etc.

Some residents have asked; Dorset County Council's (DCC) Highways Department, West Dorset District Council's (WDDC) Planning department and local MP Oliver Letwin for a pavement to be installed along Putton Lane from Glennie Way to Brown's Crescent.

In 2012 Miles Butler promised that Ian Madgwick and his Transport Development Management Team would consult a number of parties - but nothing has been heard.

Some residents have now received a letter from C. G. Fry advising that as per Mr Madgwick's instructions, Fry will install a trafic calming bump roughly outside the detached house of 10A Putton Lane, and between Glennie Way and the first blind bend on Putton Lane.

Mr Letwin's emails addresses include

charlesA@parliament.uk
jane.gordonbanks@parliament.uk
oliver.letwin.mp@parliament.uk

The promise that locals would be consulted

Mr Madgwick's decision on no need for a pavement

Page 2

Fry's letter to residents of installing traffic controls

And the plan

One of the proposals for a pavement from Glennie Way to brown's Crescent
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:48:50 PM by Darzet boy »

newtochick

Re: C.G.Fry and the requested Putton Lane pavement
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:09:30 PM »
Me thinks you have posted confidential documentation (see proviso page 2},and Im not really sure what your point is? Where did you get this information from?Think you might be braking the law again.

DLAF

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
It certainly needs a pavement and some kind of parking enforcement along that stretch of the road. On another note, hopefully the footpath will be built between willowbed and lower putton lane at some point soon. Have only been waiting 20 plus years  8-)

DLAF

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
The pavement between Willowbed and Lower Putton Lane has been going on as long as I can remember. Fry's will get out having to do that one and of course the town council will find some way of not getting it done. A few months ago there was talk of finalising the deal to get the land on the verge to build the path but now has gone all quiet. We will see what happens. Although I'm not holding my breath.

Darzet boy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:09:18 AM »
There is a story circulating that a woman was walking her grandchildren along Putton Lane on the way home from School on Friday (7/3/14) afternoon, when she was nearly run down on that blind bend by the scrap lorry that had just left Fry's site.

I wondered if anyone knows about this ? The woman has apparently written a letter of complaint, but I wondered if she's also written to Mr Letwin

DLAF

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
I haven't heard anything about that. Wouldn't surprise me. When they were doing the facey road development lorries and vans would park from the putton lane entrance right to the turning for browns crescent. You would take your life in your hands walking or driving when that was going on.