Author Topic: School parking  (Read 2296 times)

boothyj

School parking
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
I know that there are proposals to install concrete bollards in Rashley Road to stop cars parking on the verges at school time however I live at the top of Fairfield and obviously walk to the school but the problem I have is the cars parking on the path that runs down Fairfield to Rashley Road. This means that I have to walk in the road with a pram as I cannot access the path. Can I request that people show some respect and common sense regarding parking, which is probably not going to happen, hence the bollards being installed and is it not possible for the police or a PCSO to come down at school time and speak to drivers regarding parking.

DLAF

Re: School parking
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
The problem can easily be resolved by making the school open the gates at the start and end of the day like it always used to be. I know it was congested inside the school grounds but I can never remember an incident which would make it unsafe for this to happen. The irony is that this meant to improve the safety of children but it seems to have made it a hundred times worse for any people (including children) to walk near or around the school. Especially the parents that arrive an hour early park on the pavement with the door wide open having a chin wag.

boothyj

Re: School parking
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
A good thing about the school holidays starting next week is I won't have to walk my baby in the road as cars are parked on the pavement, safety until September at least.