Author Topic: christmas tree  (Read 2659 times)

DLAF

christmas tree
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
I would love to see a real christmas tree somewhere in Chickerell? Perhaps this is something everyone could help to organise for next year?
Perhaps some ideas on where we could locate said tree?

Willowbed?
North square?
Around the shop area? (East Street)

As a town we should really have our own  :-D
It must be said that the tree in the Town Council Office is lovely all lit up in the window.

newtochick

Re: christmas tree
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Lovely idea middle of the field at Willowbed would be my choice,so that the children would get the benefit.Good Luck hope you get support.

Darzet boy

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:21:43 PM »
Have to remember that Chickerell Town stretches from Wyke bridging Camp to Friar Waddon Hill

A tree in Chickerell village would be great, but can't see the town council bothering to organise it. They can't even organise cutting their own vegetation back properly  :|

newtochick

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:09:01 PM »
Darzet Boy the post said perhaps we could all help to organize it,no mention of the council and their own vegetation,what has the fact that the area stretches to Wyke bridging camp and Friar Waddon got to do with it?It is a good idea and needs support.Why do you have to be so negative all the time?and always wanting to show your superior (not)knowledge.?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:27:12 PM by newtochick »

DLAF

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:46 AM »
It was very tongue in cheek when I mentioned town. To me Chickerell will always be a village  :-)
I wasn't planning on getting any support from the council, and from the replies so far it sounds as if people would be interested.
It could be a great talking point and would bring back some of that community spirit.