Author Topic: Play Park  (Read 1578 times)

DLAF

Play Park
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »
I must say it's great to see willowbed field buzzing with young families enjoying the new play area. I remember a similar occurrence when the new play equipment at the old school playing field was put up about 13 years ago. On a walk around the village I walked along East Street and down into the park to see it had all been cleared away and the fence removed. It was certainly showing signs of age but otherwise was in good nick. It seems now the park at willowbed is open the other one was just scrapped. This seems a shame and is now a bit of an eyesore. Are there any plans to re-do this park?

It makes me think that in a decade or two this might happen to the new Willowbed Park which will become out of favour when a new play park is built.

Just my view!

Darzet boy

Re: Play Park
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »
Based on the details that have slipped out of the council and into the Contct magazine, it would appear that lack of foresight resulted in euipment not up to the job being purchased.

So it might be less than a decade, DLAF.

Best values does not mean buying the cheapest on the market, but buying what will last the longest for a similar price

DLAF

Re: Play Park
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
Yes that?s the impression I got from reading the article to. It's a great idea to have the new park their but think of the old ones at the school playing fields and near fisherman?s close. All gone! It wasn't long ago that Weymouth Skate Park was opened and the hype it created. Now they are struggling to stay open.

Pay for quality and it pays for itself in the long run. Cheap items or a bargain are a false economy.